Youth Development Coordinator (2 positions) – Canada Summer Jobs
Bengali Information and Employment Services (BIES) is a non-profit, community based grass-roots organization that offers employment, informational, and educational support to the communities in Toronto. BIES is looking to hire two youths. The job is for nine weeks under the Canada Summer Jobs program for the above positions.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Recruit volunteers, activate the formation of Youth Council, orient and organize various programs for the community development
- Organize events for youths and seniors for raising awareness of COVID-19, mental health and other relevant issues
- Organize job search and network building workshop for job seekers: disseminating information pertinent for the community
- Promote BIES’ program and services across the community through social media
- Prepare contents for updating BIES’s website and other promotional materials
- Perform research on various issue, collect data for monitoring and evaluation
- Perform administrative, accounting, and clerical work for BIES.
- Execute other duties as required by BIES maintaining health local health guidelines
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid SIN and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario provincial regulations
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Superior expertise of social media platforms and passionate about creating digital marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication in English; however, the ability to communicate in Bengali will be preferred
- Ability to deal with others effectively: Good time-management skills with attention to details
- Candidates should be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision and flexible to work on some weekends and evenings.
This is an hourly position starting from June 2021 for 9 weeks period (weekly 30 hours) at a minimum provincial hourly wage rate. Those who are interested can apply.
To apply for the job, please send your cover letter and résumé in a single document (Word or PDF) no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 31, 2021 to: Hiring Committee, Bengali Information and Employment Services, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. BIES is an equal opportunity employer. Thanks to all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.